Saturday 20 April 2024

SCALEXTRIC FAB 1 IS - WELL, ABSOLUTELY FAB!


Copyright relevant owners

It's been many years since I owned a Scalextric set - decades in fact, way back in the '60s - and I have no plans to buy one any time soon, if ever.  However, when I saw this new FAB 1 car from Thunderbirds, I simply had to have it.  I'm content for it to stay in its display case and just enjoy looking at it from time-to-time.  It's definitely the best model representation of Lady Penelope's Rolls Royce I've ever seen, and the detail on her ladyship and Parker is amazing.

It's also quite a bit bigger than the Dinky and Corgi versions, and if there's a finer one to be had than this one, I'd be surprised.  Scalextric also do a TV Batmobile and an Aston Martin D.B.5 (as well as other character cars), but I'm probably over-subscribed in those departments so I'll likely give them a miss.  (Never say never though.)  So whaddya think, Crivvies?  Is the Scalextric FAB 1 the bees-knees or what?  All I can say is "Scalextric - well done!"

To see the first two images at their best, click to enlarge - with the third photo, click to enlarge, then click again for optimum size.


2 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I always thought I would buy a Scaletrix set again when I got older to relive those long gone days of the past (1966 ish)but as the years passed my interest in doing that has dwindled . Is The car able to go on a Scaletrix track, seems a strange choice but it looks a pretty nice model.

Kid said...

Yep, McS, it can go on a Scalextric track, though I don't know if the tracks of today are the same as the ones of yesteryear. I'd guess not, 'cos the car is about 7 and a half to 8 inches long and around 3 inches wide, so it's a big beast of a vehicle.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...