Friday 19 May 2023

The INVADERS - The COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol. 1...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Well, I told you I'd bought it, and it arrived today: The Invaders - The Complete Collection Vol. 1.  This is a thick book (for a thick reader someone said - I heard you, ya buggah) and well-worth the paltry price I paid for it - a total bargain, and brand-new and unread so what's not to like?!  Looking through the contents I note that it includes far more issues of this '70s title than I had back in the day, so I'm undecided as to whether I'll bother purchasing Vol. 2 or not.  However, don't let that stop you buying Vol. 1 if you're an Invaders fan, 'cos it's a slice of the past that'll look good on your bookshelf.  Available via eBay even as I type these imperishable words, so what's holding you back?

6 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I liked the Invaders but only the Frank Robbins issues which I have so will give it a miss, but it looks a nice collection

Kid said...

It's a very nice collection, McS, and I'm really glad I bought it. It also includes Marvel Premiere #s 29 & 30, featuring The Liberty Legion - and Avengers #71.

Rip Jagger said...

Great stuff! I already have these stories in the originals and in the four volume reprints from some years ago. I've resisted this dandy packaging so far. Handsome comics!

Kid said...

The only original Invaders comic I have, RJ, is my recently acquired #8 - a replacement for the one I owned back in the '70s. There's something nagging me at the back of my mind though, that I might've bought Giant-Size Invaders #1 not that long ago, but I'm just not sure.

Graham said...

I wasn't able to buy copies of The Invaders consistently due to the distribution issues in my town. We were far less mobile than we are now, so I wasn't able to track down copies (I was a few years from being able to drive myself), so my collection was somewhat scattered. ALthough I really didn't care much for Robbins in his other work (other than his art for Batman in Detective Comics), I loved his work in this series. It just seemed a better fit. I will have to track this collection, or one of the others. It was a fun series....I really liked anything related to the Golden Age.

Kid said...

The stories were reprinted in four earlier softcovers, G, but this later reprint series does it in two. Volume 1 is a very handsome edition - click to enlarge the back cover and you'll see what it contains.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...