Saturday 14 November 2020

BEHOLD - FACSIMILES & BELIEVERS...

Now these are what I call Comics...

Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Dunno about the rest of you Crivvies, but most new comics do nothing for me.  I'd much rather revisit the glories of yesteryear and live again the four-colour superhero adventures that thrilled me as a youth.  Two new comics that fulfil that purpose for me are the True Believers reprint of The Avengers #48, and the Facsimile Edition of The Avengers #57, just recently released (and only newly arrived at Castel Crivens).

I'm not sure what Marvel's doing that DC isn't, but even the old ads in the Marvel mags look clean and new, whereas with DC, they're faded and ancient-looking, merely having been scanned from original published issues with all their printed defects.  Anyway, I don't know if DC are still doing their facsimiles, but if so they should ask Marvel for advice on how to do them properly.  (Though I prefer the paper that DC uses.)

Available now, though I suppose that most of you have already bought 'em!  Smart move.



6 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I read a report recently where a DC executive was annoyed so many people were buying their facsimile editions!??! ("whit?" as we say up here) especially the early 70s editions as they were outselling most new titles. Kinda says it all. I've ordered the Black Knight edition as it was a favourite of mine when I first read it in the UK Avengers weekly The Vision tale is a classic but I already have it.

Kid said...

I've got a few reprintings of The Vision tale, McS, in a Masterworks volume, the Avengers UK monthly, an Epic Collection, an Omnibus volume - and now a single issue facsimile reprint. I just prefer individual issues.

rob diablo said...

Just waiting for the X-men 4 Facsimile to arrive, I'd be happy with a complete X-Men facsimile run..now that would be great, especially the first 10 or so Kirby issues.

Kid said...

I just received mine this morning, along with another 2 TBs, will be posting the covers shortly. I'd love Marvel to do the first 6 Hulk mags. They've done #1 already, plus #6 as a TB, but I'd like to see it as an FE.

rob diablo said...

Yes..That Would Be Fantastic

Kid said...

Let's hope Marvel reads this blog, eh, RD? (Unlikely as it is.)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...