Saturday 24 October 2020

SPIDER-MAN/BLACK WIDOW TRUE BELIEVERS ISH...

 
Copyright MARVEL COMICS
 
Lovers of John Romita's art will appreciate this latest True Believers issue, featuring The Black Widow in her new costume for the first time.  Romita was a master visual storyteller and his panel-to-panel layout was always easy on the eye and crystal clear to follow, which is something that some of the modern crop of comicbook artists would benefit from emulating.  Anyway, below is a few pages to show you that I ain't just whistling Dixie.  Available now from where comics are sold.
 



8 comments:

Colin Jones said...

I remember that cover from Spider-Man Comics Weekly No.109 - I'd only started reading SMCW at No.103 and only discovered Marvel comics a couple of months before that.

Kid said...

I've got that very issue, CJ (I think). Shame you didn't jump aboard the Marvel UK bus earlier, 'cos you missed the comics at their best.

Phil S said...

One of the first comics I bought and I still have it! Not a very good story .

Kid said...

Maybe, PS, but some great pics of Natasha.

Anonymous said...

And a great cover, one of my faves. The inside has a bit too much Mooney for my liking though.
Kid, I hope the True Believers issue has a dedication to Diana Rigg. It would be nice if it did.
Spirit of '64

Kid said...

I never minded Mooney's inking on Romita, S64; I thought they suited one another. No dedication to Diana you'll be sorry to hear.

B Smith said...

After eventually having read the newspaper strip, I would have thought Natasha's "remake" was more influenced by Modesty Blaise than Diana Rigg, especially once her Amazing Adventures stories with Ivan began running.

Kid said...

I must confess that I never looked at Natasha and thought of Diana, BS, but perhaps S64 knows something that we don't? However, there does seem to be a Modesty influence going on, so I'd guess you're right.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...