A cascading cornucopia of cool comics, crazy cartoons, & classic collectables - plus other completely captivating & occasionally controversial contents. With nostalgic notions, sentimental sighings, wistful wonderings, remorseful ruminations, melancholy musings, rueful reflections, poignant ponderings, & yearnings for yesteryear. (And a few profound perplexities, puzzling paradoxes, & a bevy of big, beautiful, bedazzling, buxom Babes to round it all off.)
Nice version. Solomon Burke recorded a version in 1961. This is one of those songs that fits in a variety of genres. They don’t write ‘em like that anymore.
Having just listened to Solomon Burke's version, B, it was Patsy who changed the words, not Jim, as SB also sings 'empty arms'. I think I'll track down some CDs by Solomon as I quite enjoyed his version.
5 comments:
Nice version. Solomon Burke recorded a version in 1961. This is one of those songs that fits in a variety of genres. They don’t write ‘em like that anymore.
Sadly, all too true, G. Jim seems to have changed the words a little. In Patsy Cline's version, she sings 'two open arms'.
Having just listened to Solomon Burke's version, B, it was Patsy who changed the words, not Jim, as SB also sings 'empty arms'. I think I'll track down some CDs by Solomon as I quite enjoyed his version.
Solomon Burke was pretty versatile, too......sang soul, country, R&B, and a bit of the blues.....The King of Rock & Soul.
I checked to see if my local HMV record store had any of his CDs, but they hadn't. I'll hunt some down on eBay.
Post a Comment