Saturday 6 January 2024

No, It's NOT A FANTASY - It's AMAZING...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

What's that you're saying?  How can there be a 1000th issue of Amazing Fantasy when it only lasted 15 issues?  Well, you're forgetting numbers 16-18 from around the mid-'90s, but you're right - there were never 999 previous issues before this one.  I dunno, maybe it's symbolic or something, but the above ish (dated October 2022) came into my possession only recently and I found it to be a jolly good read in the main.  I therefore thought you might like to know of its existence (if you didn't already) and want to track one down for your own collection.

Be warned, it can be pretty pricey, though I was lucky enough to pick one up for next-to-nothing - in perfect condition too.  There are less-expensive ones available from America, but the p&p costs are sky-high so you could still end up paying through the nose.  If you can find it cheaply enough, grab it, 'cos it's a cracking read (Gromit).  See the back cover below for a list of who was involved in producing this neat and natty number.  And if you already own this ish, register your thoughts about it in our comments section.  Excelsior!

8 comments:

Colin Jones said...

Amazing Fantasy #15 was dated August 1962 so it wouldn't have reached #1000 by now. Assuming AF had continued in an unbroken monthly run since 1962, the current January 2024 issue would only be #740.

Kid said...

Like I said, CJ, the number is likely symbolic in some way, but thanks for doing the arithmetic. What did Santa bring you?

McSCOTTY said...

Yeah the 1,000 number as noted on by Marvel , was simply a marketing ploy to celebrate 60 years of Spidey .

Kid said...

Ta muchly, McS.

Colin Jones said...

Santa brought me a set of two COSTA latte mugs, Kid - on November 27th because I've been so good.

To continue the arithmetic - Amazing Fantasy #1000 would be the issue dated September 2045.

Kid said...

One for visitors, CJ, or because you eventually break them? 2045? Hopefully, I'll still be around then. Dunno about you, old yin.

Colin Jones said...

Two because there were two in the set, Kid - they weren't available separately.

In September 2045 you'll be nearly 87 so you might still be around and still buying stuff from eBay no doubt!

In September 2045 I'd be 79 but my parents died aged 71 and 77.

Kid said...

They always find a way to squeeze extra money out of buyers, don't they? Doesn't matter if you want only one, you've got to buy two.

I want to be around in 2065 so I can celebrate TV Century 21's 100th anniversary. If you're still around, I'll invite you to the party.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...