Friday 26 January 2024

BATMAN #5 Facsimile Edition...


Copyright DC COMICS

DC's Facsimile Editions just seem to get better and better.  Some earlier issues were scanned from published originals and weren't quite as sharp or as bright as they could've been; others were comprised of a mixture of pages from new proofs when it came to the main strips, alongside murky ads scanned from published comics.  This latest issue is more-or-less perfect throughout and is printed on matte paper, as opposed to the slightly glossy stuff favoured by Marvel.  All-in-all, it adds up to a nice little product worthy of adding to your collection.  If you haven't got it already, rush out and buy it today.  (Or acquire it via eBay like I did.)

Note that on the symbolic cover, the bat emblem is absent from Batman's costume - presumably so as not to clash with the baddies in front of his chest.  (Hee-hee!  I said "chest".) 




5 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I was wondering why they picked this issue as a facsimilie, is this the Jokers first appearance Kid? Ill certainly have look at it next time I'm in Glasgow.

Kid said...

No, it wasn't his first appearance, McS, but I'll have to sit down and read the issue to see why it was chosen as a facsimile. I really should know, because I already have the issue in a collected edition (Batman Archives), but it's been decades since I looked at it.

Kid said...

Did a quick Google search. It's the first appearance of Linda Page (whoever she is).

baggsey said...

I really like that DC is branching out into reprinting issues beyond the "key" issues we've seen many time before. And like you, I much prefer the "newsprint" paper inside rathe than the glossy paper Marvel uses.
I hope they get around to reprinting a Batman containing some of the classic Dick Sprang drawn Batman stories.

Kid said...

I find it's difficult to classify exactly what kind of paper Marvel uses, B, as if you examine it, the white areas aren't glossy, it's the printed images on the page that have a sheen to them. However, as you say, I do wish they'd use the same type of paper that DC print their facsimiles on. Should Marvel ever do that, perhaps all their facsimiles so far will be reprinted again on matt paper - I'd be sure to buy them.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...