Tuesday 12 June 2018

RAMPAGING REPOST: DON'T GIVE UP THE DAY JOB - EAGLE'S 'LOST' DEATH WISH STRIP - PART TWO...



You begged, you pleaded, you demanded - but here it is anyway, despite your wishes.  The second part of my proposed DEATH WISH script for the adventure strip appearing in EAGLE comic back around 1986 or so.  One of the reasons I decided to try turning out a tale or two at the time was the fact that I had just recently bought myself a portable typewriter - mainly for the purpose of producing personal correspondence - but it was lying neglected so I thought I'd put it to use.

This script was the result, and having gathered dust in a drawer for decades, I thought the time had finally come to show just what comics readers were spared all those many years ago.  Okay, so it was hardly original, but I believe the humorous elements I injected into the tale gave it something different to the stories it was derived from.

Anyway, you be the judge.  Could I have been the next STAN LEE (which would've been apt, as I was nicking his plot), or was any ability clearly overshadowed by my vaulting ambition?  Say what you think in the comments section - but be kind, eh?

4 comments:

Christopher Nevell said...

How Blake must have wished that he had the power to change his appearance. Maybe something that he’d come back to some day?

Kid said...

I'm sure there's an interesting story in that idea somewhere, CN. I think a new Death Wish strip would go down well in 2000 A.D.

Dave S said...

There's room for a sequel there, when the alien sheep get sheared and the jumpers and cardigans made from it have the unearthly ability to choke their wearers.

Kid said...

Nah, DS, because the aliens became sheep - with all sheeps' traits and characteristics - and sheeps' wool can't do that. Besides, I'd feel a little 'sheepish' about writing that tale. (Well, someone had to say it.)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...