Sunday, 4 October 2026

The AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1000...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Good to see a Steve Ditko (and Dean White) Spidey illo on the cover of ASM #1000, though there are other artists to choose from with this ish as there are a number of variants.  (This one will do for me.)  Haven't read it all yet, only the first story, but I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of it before too long.  Why not treat yourself to this collectors' item classic before they sell-out and you have to pay through the nose for it as a back issue on eBay?!


17 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I don't know all the artists noted here but the ones I am aware of I like so I will be looking to pick this one up next time I'm in town ( probably Weds).

Kid said...

Are you going to try and get the Ditko one, McS, or aren't you bothered which one you get?

McSCOTTY said...

If available I would prefer the Ditko one, failing that the Scottie Young cover looks fun.

Kid said...

Then fingers crossed you get the Ditko cover, McS.

Colin Jones said...

ASM was launched in 1962 and far fewer than 1,000 months have passed since then so how has #1000 been reached already? Is this a gimmick?

Kid said...

I don't have a scooby, CJ. Maybe they're including other Spidey titles or Specials and Annuals? It's likely just a gimmick though.

Kid said...

Did a quick search, CJ, and apparently ASM has been published three times a month for a few years now.

McSCOTTY said...

Yes, AMS has been published 24 times a month since 2008 including a period where it was published 3 times a month. The numbering also includes annuals , specials and issues of a title called Superior Spider-Man. However I read that the numbering with all the above taken into account actually still falls short of 1,000 by around 4 issues .

Kid said...

Thanks for the research, McS. Does that mean the title suddenly jumped from 995 (or thereabouts) to 1,000? I never was too good at numbers - except when playing darts.

McSCOTTY said...

According to that article it does but they may have added some mini series to the title etc. It's the sort of numbering that will infuriate our Colin.

Colin Jones said...

So it's not really ASM #1000 at all - a gimmick just like I suspected.

Kid said...

You're right, McS. Look who just popped up (below), full of self-righteous ire.

Kid said...

Well, CJ, IF it's not quite #1,000 (and it could be), it's still not quite the gimmick you thought it was if it's only a handful of issues out. What are you moaning about anyway? You're hardly likely to buy it.

Colin Jones said...

Kid, it's a gimmick if in order to reach #1000 it has to drag in annuals, mini-series and even a completely different comic called Superior Spider-Man! And even then it STILL doesn't actually reach #1000.

Kid said...

The 'big' word there being 'if', CJ. No one's quite sure, are they?

McSCOTTY said...

Just checked again and it is indeed issue 1,000 based on the original AMS series run plus 33 issues of Superior Spider-Man and 5 issues of "Renew your vows" ( never heard of that one) add to that a few annuals etc and you have 1,000 issues.

Kid said...

Thanks, McS, There you go, CJ, now don't you feel silly?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...