Tuesday, 4 August 2026

FIREBALL XL5's ROBERT The ROBOT...


Copyright relevant owner

Waheyy!  A new friend is coming to live with me tomorrow - Robert The Robot!  This 21 inch talking robot with flashing eye-lights is on his way to me as I type (hence two of the seller's piccies) and I'm already on the 'phone to Professor Matthew Matic at Space City to find out the best way to look after him.  (Just kidding about that last part - you think I'm bonkers?)  I'll post my own photos once he arrives - handsome little chap, ain't he?  What else is there to say but buy your own!  (And should Venus ever become available, I'm the very chappie for her.)  If you watched Fireball XL5 as a kid, share your reminiscences in our scintillating comments section.  

6 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

Didn't you have a similar version of this Robot? Pretty cool all the same, I'm a bit of a model (toy?) robot fan.

Kid said...

I've got an original MPC Robert (from the '60s), a white metal recast, and an almost clear recast, McS, but they're only about 2 inches high. This one's 21 inches tall so it's a bit more impressive-looking.

Philip Guest said...

Looks splendid. A photo of it flashing its eyes please!

Kid said...

There's a video of it on eBay, PG. I'll maybe make my own when it arrives tomorrow and post it on the blog.

Anonymous as well said...

Looks great, I like the accurate sounds. They are selling a hover cycle as well...but alas, it's too rich for my 'married with a mortgage' budget. Enjoy it Kid! Maybe you can program him to do a full on 'Terminator', on the crappy care home staff and management?

Kid said...

I'm not so keen on the jetmobile version, AAW, as Robert's leg joints are stretched too far. Besides, I've got a Golden Gate jetmobile with Steve and Zoony sitting on it, so that'll do for me. As for Meadowbrook, hopefully justice will be visited upon them soon.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...