Friday, 21 August 2026

FOUR (Count 'em - FOUR) COMICBOOK GOODIES FOR YOU... (Updated)

CONAN characters copyright CPI

Received today, the sixth issue of The Savage Sword Of Conan Reforged.  I think I'll call it quits with this one, as it appears to be a quarterly publication and I prefer to get my hands on my mags a month apart at the most.  If you're a Conan fan, you're probably in it for the long haul, but a nice half-dozen will do for me.



Below are two new DC Facsimile Editions - Detective Comics #27 and Showcase #4, the debuts of The Batman and The Flash, respectively.  I already have earlier facsimiles of DC #27, but this one doesn't have an intrusive barcode on the front cover, which has been consigned to the back, as I prefer.  (Same with Showcase and all DC facsimiles these days.)

Copyright DC COMICS


Bonus: A late arrival is The Silver Surfer #6 facsimile.  The 'Continued After Next Page' taglines have been placed over the the art at the foot of the page instead of under it, but I'll have to check my original issue to see if that's how it's meant to be.  (Only on the Surfer story, not on the Tales of The Watcher back-up strip.)  The size of the lettering on them looks a little smaller to me than it should be, but again, I'll have to check. 

Copyright MARVEL COMICS

4 comments:

  1. I stopped buying "Reforged" from #4 although I will check the contents and will pick up any issues I like. Ditto the Silver Surfer facsimiles. The Flash and Detective comics aren't for me either but I will check out Detective just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st appearance of Batman is worth having in your collection, McS, just for the historical significance alone. I have previous facsimiles of it, but one without the barcode is too good for me to pass up. I'm waiting for the Superman #1 facsimile arriving and no doubt there'll also be an Action Comics #1 without the barcode. Hooray!

      Delete
  2. My first ever issue of SSOC monthly (UK) was #8 dated June 1978 which I bought on 30th May 1978 while on my way to see Star Wars. The splash-page in that issue was the "Vengeance In Vendhya" splash-page in the bottom-right corner (but not in colour obviously).

    Tomorrow (August 23rd) is the 100th anniversary of the death of Rudolph Valentino if you're interested, Kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1978 is very nearly 50 years ago, CJ - scary (or should that be scarey?) or what?! Was never much impressed by Star Wars to be honest. Usually always interested in learning facts, but have no interest in Rudolph Valentino himself. I prefer Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

      Delete

ALL ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED UNREAD unless accompanied by a regularly-used and recognized
name. For those without a Google account, use the 'Name/URL' option. All comments are subject to moderation and will
appear only if approved. Remember - no guts, no glory.

I reserve the right to edit comments to remove swearing or blasphemy, and in instances where I consider certain words or
phraseology may cause offence or upset to other commenters.