Saturday, 5 September 2026

TORNADO - The FINAL ISSUE...


Copyright REBELLION

I've shown the above cover before in a Tornado Cover Gallery published 9 years ago in 2017, but this time around, I thought I'd feature the 1st page of every story inside (as well as the back cover strip and the Victor Drago two-page text story), seeing as this one was the last issue before it was merged with 2000 A.D. the following week.

Remember to click on any image to enlarge, then click again for optimum size.  Just think - this comic was published a whole 47 years ago, so hands up if you were around back then and were an avid regular reader (or even a dispassionate occasional one) of this IPC weekly title.










5 comments:

  1. I think I only picked up a couple of issues of Tornado during its short run, primarily for Kevin O'Neil's Capt Keep strip. I think he did another similar strip as well, not sure if that was in Tornado, the merged 2000AD or another book. Can't recall the name of the strip though . Nice cover to issue 22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dash Decent was that character Kev O'Neil created. Just remembered as soon as I sent my last reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I only bought the first three issues at the time, McS, and only recently acquired #22, as well as the two Annuals ('80 & '81). When I did my Cover Galleries back in 2017, I 'borrowed' the cover images from somewhere else, possibly eBay. Not sure whether I've heard of Dash Decent before or not.

      Delete
    2. That’s brought back a few memories Kid.
      A classic Cam Kennedy cover, some good strips (and Captain Krep - who should have been South African) and Dave Gibbons as Big E! 😂

      Thanks for posting it.

      Delete
    3. And thanks for appreciating it, S.

      Delete

ALL ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED UNREAD unless accompanied by a regularly-used and recognized
name. For those without a Google account, use the 'Name/URL' option. All comments are subject to moderation and will
appear only if approved. Remember - no guts, no glory.

I reserve the right to edit comments to remove swearing or blasphemy, and in instances where I consider certain words or
phraseology may cause offence or upset to other commenters.