Sunday, 27 September 2026

BADGE(S) Of DISTINCTION...



Don't blame me, 'twas McScotty who said he'd like to see some more of my badges.  I didn't bother photographing them, I merely placed them on my scanner screen and did it that way.  As I previously said, I don't wear badges, but I somehow find myself drawn to them and have collected quite a number of them over the years.  Most seen here are relatively recent 'retroactive' badges featuring old TV shows, only about 4 or 5 of them being original badges from way back when.  (And yes, that is a genuine Blue Peter Badge, one of two I own, not a replica.)

Like to see more?  Then let me know, Crivvies.

11 comments:

  1. I had none of these but I love the wee Golden Wonder crisps man badge .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a slice of the '60s, McS, takes me right back to when the salt for crisps came in a wee blue bag. That's an original badge, by the way, not a 'repro'.

      Delete
  2. The noughts & crosses girl wouldn't mean anything to today's youth but she's a legend to us oldies.

    Kid, October 6th is the 50th anniversary of Captain Britain No.1 if you're looking for something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And September the 30th is the 54th anniversary of MWOM #1, CJ, so there's another one to write about. (Or repeat an old post.)

      Delete
  3. Kid, the sidebar on your blog takes several minutes to download for some reason - the rest of the blog downloads instantly but not the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, CJ. It should download almost immediately, but occasionally (for prolonged runs), it takes around 25 seconds. Usually, it clears up by itself, but the problem might be to do with recent updates, I'm just not sure.

      Delete
    2. That's 25 seconds at my end. It may vary on other sources.

      Delete
  4. I bid for that oor wullie badge on ebay a few weeks ago but lost out to a higher bidder. Bah! I'd never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were bidding at Phils Comics, AL, then it was me who outbid you. Guess that's me off the Christmas card list, eh?

      Delete
  5. Yes it was philcomics. Perhaps I should have bid more than 15p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even remember what it cost me now, AL, but not very much.

      Delete

ALL ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED UNREAD unless accompanied by a regularly-used and recognized
name. For those without a Google account, use the 'Name/URL' option. All comments are subject to moderation and will
appear only if approved. Remember - no guts, no glory.

I reserve the right to edit comments to remove swearing or blasphemy, and in instances where I consider certain words or
phraseology may cause offence or upset to other commenters.