 |
| Copyright relevant owner |
The following letter was sent to me by Ash Walmsley, Operations Manager, Enhance Healthcare. It speaks for itself really. They don't like the absolute truth I wrote about them and have 'spat the dummy', accusing me of slander (when they actually meant libel, as I wrote about them, not spoke about them) and banned me from visiting my mother. It's a clear case of them 'punishing' me for blowing the whistle on them. In what way is this in my mother's best interests? Just shows you they're full of shite. I told the absolute truth, whereas they resorted to lies, fabrications, and distortions in order to blacken my name and discredit my complaints about them. So I ask again - would you send one of your ailing relatives into their care?
Incidentally, I went to my local police office today to make some enquiries and was told there doesn't appear to be any complaint about me registered in their system. Earlier, I also contacted the Care Commission, a well-known team of solicitors, and the Office of Public Guardianship. I'll keep you informed of developments - if you're interested.
Enhance Healthcare, eh? If only they would enhance it, there wouldn't be a problem.
Comments most welcome.
Re: Meadowbrook - Immediate Suspension of Visiting Rights
Dear Mr. Robson,
I am writing to you formally on behalf of Meadowbrook and Enhance Healthcare regarding the decision to suspend your visiting rights to the home, effective immediately.
Further to our previous corredpondence dated 23 July 2026, there continues to be an escalation of similar conduct per previous correspondence. You have continued to engage in inappropriate and slanderous communications regarding the service and its staff. (He means libelous, which would only be the case if they're untrue - which they're not.)
This ongoing conduct has had a significant impact of the wellbeing of Meadowbrook as a service: on the staff who deliver care day to day, on the wider atmosphere within the home, and, by extension, on the residents who depend on a stable and settled environment. Enhance Healthcare has a duty to protect the wellbeing of everyone connected to the service, and we are no longer able to reconcile that duty with continued visits from you under the current circumstances. (In other words, they don't like the truth getting out about them.)
As previously noted in our correspondence of 23 July 2026, our Zero Tolerance Policy (I also operate a zero tolerance policy - in that I won't put up with shit) and Sexual Harassment Policy (Same again - I don't like to be harassed by false complaints of a sexual nature) both apply to this situation, and the relevant provisions of each were set out for you at that time, further reiterated by communications had with Mrs. Robson's allocated social worker, Martin Gourlay. Given the cumulative impact of concerns outlined above, and in line with policies previously referenced, you are hereby banned from visiting Meadowbrook with immediate effect from the date of this letter. (Actually, they banned me because I said that those who make false allegations of this nature are scum. Anyone disagree?)
This ban reflects both the seriousness with which we view it and our responsibility to protect the wellbeing of the service. (Their reputaion is what they actually mean). Should any further inappropriate conduct (Like complaining about incompetence) towards the service or its staff occur, whether in person, in writing, or otherwise, the matter will be referred to our legal team. (Go ahead, make my day!)
We understand this is a difficult letter to receive. Any concerns you wish to raise going forward should be directed to Martin Gourlay, Social Worker, who can support communication between yourself and the service. Enhance Healthcare and Meadowbrook always endeavour to work alongside families (My @rse) and external partners to provide the best possible care and to close any gaps where they arise, however at this point we feel the relationship has broken down beyond repair. (As Corporal Jones used to say on Dad's Army - "They don't like it up 'em!)
Yours sincerely,
Ash Walmsley
Operations Manager
Enhance Healthcare
Rather than take a detailed look at the reason behind my complaints and introduce a proper and effective way of ensuring their staff fulfill their duties and responsibilities, they've taken a 'straight for the jugular' approach, automatically jumping into defence mode and refusing to acknowledge some of their staff are simply incompetent and unable to carry a thought in their heads for more than 30 seconds. For example, I was informed that staff had been instructed to close my mother's door if they saw it open, yet often, upon my arrival, I'd see staff walking past the open door without making any attempt to close it. So either they haven't been told or simply don't care a f*ck. After four-and-a-half years of continual complaining about this and other matters, nothing ever seemed to improve, or if it did, it didn't improve for long before reverting back to the previous state of ineptitude. Beyond belief, except for the fact it happens to be true.
That's 'BS' Kid, you have POA in place, they cannot legally do this on hearsay and without real evidence against you? Take legal advise, and use it as an opportunity to totally expose their utter fabricated lies with your evidence...They've opened a can of worms for themselves with the images you have. Go to the media as well. Sorry this has happened to you and your Mother, they're 'Lying Scum!'
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting to hear back from a solicitor, AAW, but these things move at their own pace, same goes with the media. The company is obviously trying to bully me into silence because they're concerned about their reputation, but the best way to preserve that (such as it is) is to lift their game and put the residents and their relatives first. The staff run things for their own convenience, not the residents. You'd be appalled at what I've heard some 'carers' say about some of the residents. Yeah, you're right - they're scum. I've told them so myself. Anyone who'd invent a sexual harassment claim out of an innocuous remark is either a woke cretin or someone with an agenda. Like I said, I won't be embarrassed into silence over something I haven't done, however much they might hope I will be. However, I don't dislike all of the staff, I seemed to get on all right with some of them. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be one of them. Who knows, maybe they felt coerced into it to 'support' a colleague I made a formal complaint about? Also, they seem to be attributing too much 'credit' to me for the alleged effect my complaints are said to have had, don't you think?
DeleteThe glaring facts, they've openly lied in writing about the police report on you, you have loads of damming evidence on them, they're only stopping you from supporting your Mother on the premises, so she can still be brought out of there anytime by a representative, and what childish idiot would do such a cruel action, that directly affects your Mothers wellfare at 104, without first attempting some calming mediation. They best pray your Mother stays well, whilst this witchhunt is in place, or else they'll have a mighty legal problem on their hands. I think there's a Scottish care law in place called 'Annes law' that allows relatives visiting access, if there's any medical issues? But they need to avoid that problem ever happening...It's no consolation Kid, but it seems to be common practice for dodgy care homes to make lies up to condone a ban for relatives, when they start asking the wrong type of questions...My thoughts are with you and your dear Mother. I hope you find a quick resolution to this 'human rights attack'.
ReplyDeleteI'm always amazed by how readily people (especially women, sadly) are prepared to lie in order to discredit someone, AAW. They're obviously hoping I'll crumble, but they've miscalculated my resolve. Unfortunately, even if I wanted her brought out of the premises to speak to her (if her hearing aids were working), they probably wouldn't let her on the grounds that 'it's not in her best interests'. A meeting was scheduled a week or so ago, though I had to cancel because I had a doctor's appointment on the day, but the alleged complaints had apparently already been made - though I hadn't yet been informed about them. Thanks for the kind sentiments.
DeleteKid, it beggars belief that you can be banned from seeing your own mother just for making the kinds of complaints that any concerned relative would be entitled to make but with our ageing population I suppose this sort of thing is only going to become more common in future. You say your mother has Alzheimer's so will she be aware of your absence? Let's hope they don't tell her that you've decided to abandon her but it wouldn't surprise me if they did just that!
ReplyDeleteI'm unsure whether she'd be aware of my absence or not, CJ, but she's aware of my presence when I'm there and takes a certain comfort from that. To deny her that is heartlessly cruel, but they don't seem to realise they're not making themselves look particularly good - or caring. Essentially, they're punishing my mother to get at me. I said I regarded them and any of their staff who were making these false accustions against me as utter scum. Perhaps they expected a polite response? I'm sure most people would agree that liars, especially in a situation such as this, are scum.
DeleteThis is against everything these people are supposed to stand for, "care" my ar*e. Simply disgraceful and disrespectful . Have there been other complaints made perhaps there's a group of like minded folk.?
ReplyDeleteI know a couple whose mother/mother-in-law (sadly now deceased) was in the place, McS, and they said they had a ten-year struggle trying to get proper care for her. I doubt they (or anyone) would want to revisit those dark times. I was told I was the only one who ever complains, though I know this to be a lie, but people are afraid to raise their heads above the parapet in case they get hit with the kind of sh*t aimed at me at the moment.
Delete