Thursday, 23 July 2026

FREE BEANO COMIC AT TG JONES...


Copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

Was in my local TG Jones a couple of days ago and noticed that they have free copies of The Beano available at the checkout counters, so I nabbed a couple.  Who knows, maybe this issue will become a collecters' item classic in the years to come.  Grab one now the next time you're in (if there are any left) as you don't get much that's free these days.

16 comments:

  1. I saw that in TG Jones when I was in Paisley. I popped in there a few times and didn't see any kids picking up a copy, only a few grandparents. The Beano is not my thing, but a nice offer from the publisher . Did you read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't read it yet, McS, only browsed through it. Looks good though.

      Delete
  2. There's never been a TG Jones store in my town so I can't take up the offer. I assume you were only meant to pick up ONE free copy, Kid, rather than grabbing two of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should never assume, CJ, 'cos then you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. There was a bunch of them at all three till points that didn't look as though they were shifting, so I asked the female assistant if it was all right to take a couple. That only works, of course, if you're as handsome and charismatic as I am, so you'd have had no chance. You been away on holiday or in the jail?

      Delete
  3. I was convicted of grabbing too many comics on Free Comics Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free comics day, plural, not free comic day, single. You should've got me to represent you in court, CJ - I'd have got you off.

      Delete
    2. You sure, McS? If you take something that's free, there's no crime.

      Delete
  4. Of course it's not a crime and as you say you can take a few copies as they're free. It was just a quick and funny reply from Colin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly quick, but funny? Humour usually has to have an element of realism about it to hit the mark. The first half of CJ's sentence contradicts the second half. Or am I being pedantic again? Anyway, never mind all that - have you read the second part of the Alan Moore Superman story yet? And if so, what did you think of it?

      Delete
  5. Hope you and all your followers are well mate.Just to say Kid has gifted many comics and books etc to others over the years,myself included.Would expect him to be listed as a registered charity!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd only want to be listed as a registered charity if it meant people donated money to ME. (Guffaw!)

      Delete
  6. Kid, isn't it called Free Comic-Book Day, single?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only repeating what you'd first said, CJ, which was free comics (plural) day. Your memory must be going, old yin.

      Delete

ALL ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED UNREAD unless accompanied by a regularly-used and recognized
name. For those without a Google account, use the 'Name/URL' option. All comments are subject to moderation and will
appear only if approved. Remember - no guts, no glory.

I reserve the right to edit comments to remove swearing or blasphemy, and in instances where I consider certain words or
phraseology may cause offence or upset to other commenters.