Friday 1 May 2020

PULSE-POUNDING PANINI PUBLICATIONS CHECKLIST - AVAILABLE NOW!

DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE #551

Copyright BBC TV.  Published by PANINI

Former Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat interview each other in issue #551. Other highlights include: • Extended Production Notes from current showrunner Chris Chibnall • Composer Segun Akinola reveals his inspirations for the Series 12 soundtrack • Out of the TARDIS with Neil Gaiman answers questions from the TARDIS tin • The Fact of Fiction on The Caves of Androzani • A tribute to the late David Collings • Doctor Who Lockdown • A look at Birth of a Renegade, a short Doctor Who story from the Radio Times 20th Anniversary Special • A review of the Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 14 Blu-ray box set • A round-up of how Series 12 performed in the ratings • Part Three of The Piggybackers, a new comic-strip adventure.

Available now!

£5.99.

4 comments:

Hackney Steve said...

I had no idea David Collings had gone! This is getting thoroughly depressing...I once read his character (Silver in Sapphire and Steel) described as an "effete ponce", which immediately tattooed itself on my brain as a wonderful insult. No idea what he was like in real life, but I'll be watching some of his S&S episodes tomorrow in belated tribute...

Kid said...

That's another box set I'll have to get, HS. I remember Sapphire & Steel back in the '70s. I even bought the paperback, which I must re-read when I recall where I stored it.

Colin Jones said...

Sapphire & Steel began in 1979 and continued until 1982 so more '80s than '70s.

Kid said...

All I said, CJ, was that I remember the show back in the '70s, which is when it debuted and made its initial impression on viewers, me included. However, there were six series, the first two being shown in 1979, but the second was interrupted by industrial action and therefore repeated the same year. If not for that, the third series would probably have been shown in 1979 too, meaning three series each in the '70s and '80s. That probably also means that the sixth series' broadcast was delayed until '82, instead of being shown in '81.

Also, I remember the first series, perhaps the second also, but don't really recall the later series. So that being the case, my personal memory is unaltered by any attempts to rewrite it by others. It's therefore a 100% accurate, inviolate statement that I remember Sapphire & Steel in the '70s.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...