Wednesday 1 January 2020

SANTA CLAUS RIDES AGAIN...



Well, okay, so Christmas Day might be over with, but it's still the festive period until the 6th, so I thought I'd show you this smashing wee toy I got on eBay a year or so ago.  Actually, I thought I'd already featured it on the blog a while back, but can't find it anywhere, so I must've thought about it and then forgot - then forgot that I'd forgotten.  (The old - er, what's it called again? - must be going.)

SANTA's legs move and the presents in his sack pop up and down when the front wheel turns - seconds of enormous fun!  (Cough!)  I never had the toy as a kid (as far as I remember anyway), but it's the sort of thing I'd have wanted had I been aware of it.  Never mind, I've got it now and that's all that counts.  Another one for the Toy and Comic Nostalgia Museum I'd like to establish one day.

2 comments:

WOODSY said...

Happy New Year Kid! That's a fine Santa toy you have there. Is it Merehall or OK toys? Its fab plastic novelties like this that JR21's fun friction novelties competed with for kids' favour back in the Sixties. The JR21/ Frankonia version is on a scooter like many of their characters [I like 'em so much I've just published an ID guide]. Here's to another year's fine blogging Kid.

Kid said...

Happy New Year, Woodsy. The seller listed it as a Marx toy, but it has two markings on the box. One is a double 'M', the other is 'LMR', of which the 'LM' made me think it might stand for Louis Marx, but I don't know what the 'R' would stand for if it does. So if you know who LMR is, it's them. My favourite scooter toy is the Marx Yogi Bear one - got a boxed example. And here's to your excellent blog in 2020.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...