Monday 23 December 2019

THE VALLEY OF THE WORM - TRUE BELIEVERS ISSUE...

Copyright MARVEL COMICS and CONAN PROPERTIES, Int.

Just arrived at Castel Crivens, the above TRUE BELIEVERS ish, The VALLEY Of The WORM!  Written by ROY THOMAS and GERRY CONWAY, pencilled by GIL KANE, and inked by ERNIE CHUA, it's based on a ROBERT E. HOWARD tale, and somehow ties in with the upcoming CONAN SERPENT WAR crossover saga involving Conan, DARK AGNES, SOLOMON KANE, and MOON KNIGHT.  As far as I remember, this is the first time I've seen this story, and I very much enjoyed it.  I'm sure you will, too.

The above comic also contains one of STAN LEE's SOAPBOX entries from 1972, so here's a sneak peek at it until you buy your own copy.

2 comments:

Dave S said...

I've bought this, but haven't yet read it. The art looks lovely though- I've never been a massive fan of Gil Kane's pencilling style, but have absolute respect for the man's ability as a storyteller. At his best he made me feel like the characters were actually moving from one panel to another across the page.

Kid said...

It's a good read, nicely scripted, DS. I always felt that Kane's style was a bit overwhelming, looking like it was being 'rubber-stamped' with stock positions (like his famous up-the-nose shots). He really needed an inker who'd dial-down his style a bit, but as you say, good storyteller.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...