Monday 28 October 2019

SPIDER-WOMAN #1 FACSIMILE EDITION...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

I think I remember seeing the original of this comic when it first came out (or at least an ad for it), but I don't recall ever owning it.  Well, I do now, with this latest (among others) in the series of Facsimile Editions from MARVEL.  Quite enjoyed it too, though once again it's missing the COMICS CODE stamp which adds something to the flavour of these old mags, and an ad page inside is printed well out of proportion in size compared to the others.  Doesn't anyone double-check these things before they go to press?  That aside, if, like me, you missed it first time around, now's your chance to remedy the situation without having to pay a small fortune for an original back issue.  Go on, out with the cry - Make Mine Marvel!

4 comments:

Paul Mcscotty said...

I remember picking this up first time around wasn't that impressed to be honest. Would love to see a first series of the Silver Surfer and more late 60s early 70s facsimile editions ( suppose that's me being selfish as it's my era)

Kid said...

I think it's the sort of comic that probably wouldn't have impressed me either, PM. By that, I mean impress me enough to buy it if I saw it in the shops. (Which is probably why, if I did see it at the time, I never bought it.) However, as I was reading the facsimile, I thought it was a lot better than I was expecting it to be, so I'm glad I bought it.

Marcus said...

Nice cover by Joe Sinnott.

Kid said...

I suspect he swiped the figure from somewhere. When he drew Thor, he swiped some Kirby poses. He even swiped his own swipes of Kirby poses.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...