Wednesday 9 August 2017

KLASSIC KIRBY KOMIC KOVERS: BLACK PANTHER #16...

Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Okay, so it started out as the splash page of FANTASTIC FOUR #52, but it's a (variant) cover now.  I still say that The THING is too small, looking almost like a pygmy, but that apart (and The PANTHER's ridiculous ears), it's an effective image by JACK (King) KIRBY.  You should still be able to buy this mag at any good comicbook store, but if you can't think of one, pop into GREGGS instead and buy a cheese & onion pasty.

4 comments:

Simon B said...

Kid, you missed a chance there... you could have advertised both Gregg's AND Forbidden Planet in one post :-)

Kid said...

But who'd have got star billing if I'd done that, Cer? Can't have one of them going in the huff with me, otherwise I'd have to look elsewhere for comics or pasties. (Decisions, decisions.)

Dave S said...

Any idea what the line of dots of the palm of the Panther's gloves are? I don't remember ever noticing them before (but I'm not a huge fan of the character, so I might have missed them). Wonder if Kirby had intended them to be suction cups for climbing or something...?

Kid said...

That sounds entirely reasonable, DS, but sometimes Jack's costume designs changed from panel to panel, so we'll probably never know for sure.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...