Monday, 17 April 2017

BOB IS BRITISH - AND PROUD OF IT...



The shilling, also called the 'bob' still exists in its
decimal equivalent today - namely, the 5 pence piece.
This set by COINCRAFT displays six incarnations of
the British 'bob' down through the decades.  These six
coins add up to only 30 pence in decimal money, or
72 pennies in £sd.  (Sounds better, doesn't it?)

(In the above scan, some of the coins look a little
toned, but that's not how they are 'in the flesh'.  As
you can see from their reverse sides below.)

4 comments:

John Pitt said...

I used to hate having the two-bob bits!

Kid said...

I gotta ask, JP - why?

John Pitt said...

'cause I was on the khazi all day!

Kid said...

Ah, right. There's a reason for the use of apostrophes in sentences like your first one, JP. Example: I used to hate having the 'two-bob bits'! I'd have got it immediately. Hope your botty's feeling better now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...