Thursday 9 March 2017

THE INFINITY GAUNTLET - THE 26 YEARS LATER AFFAIR...


Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

I know I've waffled on about it before, but I just can't get used to how quickly time passes as one gets older.  It seems like only a few short years ago that I picked up The INFINITY GAUNTLET #s 1 & 2, but it was a staggering 26 years back - more than a quarter of a century away.  I was still a young man then, but my youth has long-since deserted me, though the comics remain in the same condition as when I first bought them.

For some unknown reason, I never saw the next four issues in the run, but yesterday, I acquired the softcover collected edition, and I'm now looking forward to catching up with what I missed almost half my life away.  For a brief time, I'll be able to pretend that I'm back in 1991, and still have my youth and vitality, with more years ahead of me than behind me.  Sure, it's only an illusion, but sometimes illusions are the best we can hope for.

So here's to Infinity - and beyond.

******

Did you spot the price increase?  Issue #1 cost 60p, #2 cost 95p, and #s 3-6 cost £1.35.  That's some jump in the space of a mere 3 issues.






And should you wish to purchase the softcover collected edition for yourself, below is what it looks like.  Available from all good comics shops.


No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...