Thursday 4 February 2016

PART TWO OF KEN REID'S QUEEN OF THE SEAS...


Copyright REBELLION

Back on May 1st last year, I promised you more of KEN REID's classic strip from SMASH!, namely QUEEN Of The SEAS.  I want to show them in sequential order, but that presents a slight problem.  Y'see, I've already shown the first part, which means that the next one due is the second.  However, that was included in my relatively recent post about Smash! #2, so what's a fella to do?  You'll just have to bear with me as I repeat myself, I'm afraid.  After all, Ken Reid's artwork is always worth another look.

2 comments:

Philip Crawley said...

Agreed. To paraphrase a local pair of sporting satirists from this country, "too much Ken Reid is never enough". I look forward to more QOTS, as I've not seen many of these online, well they have been posted here and there but the scans put up seldom capture the wealth of detail in his art that yours have retained (Bloody amateurs). He was really a one-of, as I may have commented before; there don't seem to have been many cartoonists willing to put in the effort to copy his style, unlike a lot of other art that has been 'inspired' by particular cartoonists over the years. Thanks for posting

Kid said...

Nae bother, PC. Always nice to know that others appreciate his unique style. He was a one-off, definitely.

(Originally posted 4 February 2016 at 21:41.)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...