Friday 7 August 2015

KID'S KLASSIC KOMIC (ANNUAL) KOVERS - THE BEANO BOOK 1967...


Image copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

Ah, The BEANO BOOK 1967 (released in '66).  To those people of that 'certain age' I'm always referring to, this cover will usher them straight back to the 1960s faster then you just read this intro.  The '60s - the era of The BEATLES, BOND, BATMAN - and The Beano.  The comic was never better than it was then - although if you read it in the '50s perhaps you'd disagree.  No matter.  I'm the boss around here and I overrule you, so there!  (Ha!  The unlimited power that comes from having a blog.)

2 comments:

moonmando said...

Brilliant kid. As you say,whoosh,and I'm back in 1967 with the very same annual. The cover sends nostalgic shivers down my spine.

Kid said...

Brilliant, innit? I remember reading General Jumbo in The Beano back around 1963 and detaching (temporarily) the leather lace-up part from a skate (the part you stuck your foot in) as an armband. Stick a bit of wire into one of the eyelets and hey, presto - a General Jumbo control unit. Happy days, Moony.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...