Saturday 26 April 2014

THE SILVER SURFER SOARS THE SEEMINGLY STARLESS SPACEWAYS IN AN ANIMATED STATE...



You're looking at a copy of an animation cell from either a
FANTASTIC FOUR or SILVER SURFER cartoon series from
the early '90s.  I seem to recall I sent some coupon or card which came
with a comic off to an address in the States, and this is what eventually
turned up in the mail.  I received two for some reason, but I think I
gave the spare one away to someone a good while back.

Just thought you might like to see it.

4 comments:

John Pitt said...

But would you still have sent away if it had been for a cell of H.E.R.B.I.E. ?

Kid said...

The Surfer had his own mag again two or three years back if I remember rightly, CJ, but I always preferred the 17 issues of the Lee & Buscema run. (Kirby did #18.)

******

Dunno, JP - would've depended what it looked like.

joe ackerman said...

I'm gonna hazard a guess it's The Fantastic Four, mate. if I remember correctly, the Silver Surfer cartoon mercilessly mined Kirby for it's overall look. I could, of course, be wrong ( it's not unheard of! ).

Kid said...

I thought it was FF as well, Joe. I was just covering myself in case there'd been a Surfer cartoon I didn't know about.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...