Wednesday, 5 March 2014

BADTIME BEDTIME STORYBOOK...



I must confess to feeling fair chuffed with myself.  The reason
for my self-satisfaction?  You're looking at it in the accompany-
ing photos.  Allow me to explain.


A year or two back, I acquired a copy of MONSTER FUN
#1 to replace the one I'd bought when the comic first went on sale
back in 1975.  However, it was missing the pull-out centre pages
containing the BADTIME BEDTIME STORYBOOK by the
legendary LEO BAXENDALE.


As some of you will no doubt know, finding a copy of the
first issue complete with the pull-out is getting increasingly difficult
these days.  It's not immediately obvious when it's missing, because
the pages underneath feature a 'centre-spread' story, giving the comic
the appearance of  being intact even when it's not.  Some dealers un-
familiar with the comic often don't mention when the pull-out is
missing because it looks complete at a cursory glance.


Anyway, to cut to the chase:  I acquired scans of the missing
pull-out, tarted them up a bit, then printed out a facsimile which
I'm well-satisfied with.  Of course, it's always good to have the
original, but in its absence, a high-quality replica will suffice
for the foreseeable future.


So, have a look at the photos of my handiwork and then
proclaim to the heavens - "Didn't he do well!"

'Cos I did!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...