Friday, 7 February 2014

SUPER DC TEXT STORIES - PART ONE...



Back in the late '60s or early'70s, TOP SELLERS had a nifty
little monthly mag on sale which reprinted classic superhero tales
from the stable of NATIONAL PERIODICAL PUBLICATIONS
LTD., aka DC COMICS.  It also featured U.K. produced text stories,
which, I believe, were reprinted (and possibly abridged) from an
earlier weekly comic entitled TV TORNADO.

There were 14 issues of Super DC, of which I have the first 13,
so I thought you 'Criv-ites' might enjoy seeing the first six double-
page tales from issues 1-3 (there were two tales per issue) for you to
read at your leisure.  Want to see any more?  Be sure to let me
know in the comments section.

(And if anyone has that elusive 14th issue and
wouldn't mind selling it to me, then get in touch.)











4 comments:

John Pitt said...

Thanks for sharing these. Wish I had them all.

Kid said...

Wish I could find a copy of #14, JP. Glad you enjoyed them.

John Pitt said...

I would also be interested in a post about TV Tornado if you have any? I can only remember one text story with the penguin - A is for acid. Did Mick Anglo write these stories?

Kid said...

I have a few TV Tornados, JP, so I'll get around to them eventually. I don't know who wrote the stories, but I believe that it was Mick Anglo who drew the illustrations for most of them - excepting the pics taken from actual U.S. strips, of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...