Thursday 5 September 2013

PART TWO OF TV CENTURY 21 COVER GALLERY...


Copyright relevant owner

As promised, here we are with the second instalment of early covers from the history of TV CENTURY 21.  Looking at these glorious colour pages takes me right back to 1965 (or should that be forward to 2065?) and a brighter and seemingly more innocent era.  I'm especially fond of issue #14, because I recall reading it in my back garden on a sunny day in April all those years ago.  I also remember #18 and 19, the former of which I had a second copy when on holiday in Rothesay of that year.

My mother had gone into a newsagent's while the rest of us sat outside in the car, and inadvertently bought the previous issue instead of the latest one.  I didn't mind too much, as it provided six year-old me with another opportunity to drool over the legendary RON EMBLETON's luscious delineation of ATLANTA SHORE, pegged out on an island outcrop as sharks waited for the water to rise and allow them access to their dinner.

Ah, happy days.









2 comments:

John Pitt said...

Who can we contact to get all these reprinted in deluxe hardbacks? I so badly want them back in tangible format.

Kid said...

JP, Signum Books would be your best bet. Their link is in my Blog list.

******

Another 9 deleted unread. Next!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...