Friday 9 August 2013

THE MARK OF THE BEANO...


Dobber.  See bottom of post for his sibling

I should emphasise, in light of some ridiculous remarks that I'm 'targeting' the two individuals concerned, that this post is merely a response to fallacious remarks made about me on their Twitter sites.  As they initiated the situation, I can hardly be accused of 'picking on' them, now can I?

******  

Y'know, I reckon I'm a pretty decent guy.  I feed the poor, help the needy, and heal the sick. True, that last one means only that I take an aspirin when I've got a headache, and, come to think of it, I'm referring to my own situation in the first two examples as well.  But, what the hell - charity begins at home they say.

Recently, someone has been having a go at me on another forum.  This person has been publicly insulting about me and has spread lies and distortions, and published a link to a photo of me on his Twitter site.  "Why?", you may ask.  Simple.  He's a dobber.  A fat, bald, dobber.  On his site, he uses intemperate language and indulges in pretty pointless tweets about nothing much at all. Except in my case, of course, as I'm extremely important.  (At least, I think that's the word the doctor used.)

The worrying thing about this is that, as he's keen to announce on his site, he works for The Beano.  While it's nice to know that the role of the teaboy is not dead, given his public pronouncements, I'm surprised that the aforesaid weekly allows him to publicly advertise his association to one of Britain's once-finest institutions.  A publication primarily aimed at kids, 'tis said, by one of its other contributors, who bears an uncanny resemblance to the shifty-eyed individual in the above photo.

So what's his beef with me?  As I'm feeling in a particularly conspiratorial mood, permit me to share the facts with you.  On this other forum, a member mentioned that, after a period of Roger The Dodger's dad being rejuvenated into a younger man, his original, older appearance had now been 'restored'.  That was the good news.  The bad news was the strip was now being drawn by someone who can't actually draw very well.

To me, that's a similar scenario to being told that your terminal illness is in remission and then being run over and killed by a bus after leaving the doctor's.  So I said so - in what I considered to be an innocuous, humorous and obviously hyperbolic remark.  Note that no specific illness was mentioned.  The purpose (as the intelligent amongst you will immediately recognize) was not to mock illness or death, but simply to point out that good news can often be accompanied or followed by a less than happy result.  A comparison of ironies, in other words.

Now, it's obvious that my occasional criticisms of certain aspects of the very periodical 'Tubs' works for is the real source of his irritation with me, but he used my ironic analogy as an excuse to throw a hissy fit, call me an "idiot who spouts urine", and then indulge in a dialogue with his 'clone' in which they made some disparaging remarks about me on their Twitter accounts.

As I said, I consider myself a nice guy, but one thing which I won't tolerate is stand-ins for Tweedledum and Tweedledee attempting to stir up animosity against me by lies and distortions on their Twitter sites - or anywhere else for that matter. If they're going to have a public go at me, then I feel not only entitled, but perfectly justified in doing likewise at them.

So, bearing in mind that they started it, I'm sure you'll understand me using my organ (behave, I'm talking about my blog) to slap down the guilty parties.  Sometimes a man's just gotta do what a man's gotta do.

So consider it done.

Separated  at birth?  I give you - 'The Dobber Twins'

******

I see that the 'twin' has posted a misleading reference to events on his own blog, and, as usual, resorts to tedious attempts at suggesting I'm an 'aggressive' troublemaker.  That's the problem with those who have an inflated sense of themselves - anyone who disagrees with them is described as being aggressive.  What he fails to mention is that on the forum in question, he has in the past been accused by others of a bullying and highhanded attitude, so I'm not the only one who has a problem with him.

He seems to think that if he says something often enough, he can thereby plant the suggestion in folk's minds that it must be the truth, but the fact is that he's the one who distorts, misrepresents - and as I irrefutably demonstrated yesterday on that other forum - just outright lies about things in his attempts to manipulate the facts to suit his purpose.  Which once again seems to be that anyone who has the 'temerity' to disagree with him is bitter, twisted and disturbed.

And marvel at his hypocrisy!  He describes my joke as 'sick', while seeing no irony in the fact that he's responsible for a so-called humour strip about a guy who continually tries to commit suicide.  You couldn't make it up!  

17 comments:

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Wow, almost all of your posts have been removed from that thread...

This "Mark" fella's a bit of a nob, it's not the first time he's caused trouble round those parts.

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Ooh, just noticed most of my posts in that thread have been removed as well!

There's some Stalinist activity going on here, it's a bit weird.

Kid said...

Last time I looked, all the posts had been temporarily removed, THB. Ones relevant to the original topic will be restored. I see a second-string individual says that I'm only brave enough to do this post now that the 'evidence' of my 'trollng' has been removed. I find such descriptions infantile in the extreme, but he seems to miss the point that the evidence of his obvious 'bear-baiting' has likewise disappeared.

And what about that Phoenix? Once he discovered that BM was an actual Beano employee, he did a complete about-turn and wedged his nose in fat Markie's @rse.

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Phoenix got VERY nasty with me a few months back because I didn't want any spam on my blog.

There's some strange people out there in Internetland.

Kid said...

I assume that most of the forum are decent people, but when a certain someone (whose nose was put out of joint by my membership) is constantly stirring things by persistently suggesting that I'm a 'Troll' - and then assists his twin in engineering a controversy around me, then it' easy to see how they might be misled. You've only got to read his tweets to see what kind of weasal he is.

TwoHeadedBoy said...

I can imagine, really (just that I flat-out refuse to ever go anywhere near Twitter).

I like his drawings, and I admire his commitment to his employers, but there's a fair amount of arrogance about him, especially toward those who disagree with his views.

I'm increasingly noticing a lot of that with a certain other member of their staff too, without mentioning any names.

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Other than that, it's a nice and highly knowledgeable collective, that Digifiend guy's a breathing encyclopaedia!

Kid said...

To think that I once encouraged him to keep trying with DCT when they wouldn't touch him. I even 'bigged him up' to increase his confidence. The fact is, he's basically a competent but uninspired cartoonist who's strictly in the lower divisions. I doubt he'd ever have got work at DCT if other, better, artists hadn't retired or died. Same goes for the lesser talents on The Dandy.

He's a brown-nose, who never, ever disagrees with any form of company policy. He's always 100% behind everything they do. That's simply - unnatural.

DeadSpiderEye said...

Ah, internet forums, I have tried 'em but they don't suit my temperament, which bypasses the usual "niceties" of intemperate discourse, you know: name calling, insults etcetera and goes directly to smack in gob. The problem with 'em is that, you're essentially having a discussion via graffiti, so it's just one step from writing someone's phone number on a cubicle wall. Of course I plead ignorance of the circumstances in this particular instance and although I should probably urge something along the lines: -Can't we all just be friends- the voyeur in me can't but help a certain relish at the anticipation of good punch up.

Kid said...

A good punch up, DSE? The two of them couldn't fight sleep. Somebody suggested I join the forum a while back, but I suspected that a certain person might try and stir things up. I eventually decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's shown his true colours.

Marionette said...

If it's the same message board of which I'm a member then I'd just like to say we're not all like that, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience there.

I have had arguments with the same people from time to time, but your main antagonist never sticks his nose in the Girls' Comics forum so it's usually quite civilised there.

Kid said...

Thank you, M. Actually, I've read some of your encounters over there before with a couple of them, and you handled yourself admirably. That's what seems to infuriate them. I know that most of the forum members aren't like them.

Anonymous said...


Firstly I have to say I have never been on that forum (I tend to avoid comic forums like the plague as some folk can make them very sad places indeed at times - - not that I disparage anyone that enjoys them and behaves) so I cannot really comment on what was said and by whom and about what etc But I have to say that whilst you (Kid) certainly have your own opinions on comics, social issues etc (some of which I agree with and some I don't) I have always felt that for the most part you put forward an reasoned argument/case for your dislike or like of things and are never "aggressive" (as noted in another blog today) but what makes this all the more "upsetting" to me is that Lew is noted as one of the "offending" people in this situation (and he mentioned this on his own blog today) I have always found Lew and yourself to be 2 folk in the blogging world that I really enjoy reading and respect their insight and comments on comics, I also feel you are 2 really fun / decent guys. Whilst this seems an unsavoury situation lets hope it all gets sorted out amicably.... then again a good "punch up" can be fun as well lol McScotty

Kid said...

McScotty, thanks for your comments. Of course, I would never seek to colour your opinion of anyone you have a regard for, and my advice in these kind of situations is always to say that if you've never had a problem with someone and they've always treated you okay, then judge them on that basis.

It's just that, when someone is sniping away on their Twitter account, maliciously trying to implant untruths and distortions into the minds of their followers, then I feel obliged to speak up and defend myself. I think that's perfectly reasonable and in no way 'aggressive', as a particular person persistently seeks to suggest.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with you Kid I was just a bit taken aback and disapointed at the "aggressive" comment made against you and I have also noticed a few "untruths" or deliberate misrepresentations of your comments in other sites - McScotty

Anonymous said...

Kid, I dunno what this is all about and I'm not going to get involved in that, but anyway...
The new Roger the Dodger artist is not one of my favourites and I do have some criticism of his work, but I would not accuse him of not able to draw! I just thinks he rushes it a bit and his work comes over as being very raw. With a bit more polish, especially on the backgrounds and typography, it would work better for my eyes. What he produces is not OTT. But, he obviously likes his style, it reflects his personality, that's why he's stuck with it a long time and he has fans in the industry and also those who just enjoy what he does and buy the comics that feature his work.

(jake)

Kid said...

Hi, Jake. On this blog, you're allowed to disagree with me without being accused of being an aggressive bully (as is what usually happens to me), but I didn't actually say he couldn't draw - I said he couldn't draw 'very well'. Or at least, he ISN'T drawing very well in regard to his current style. If he can draw better than he does, I'd say it's well-past time that he actually showed us.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...