Thursday 4 July 2013

TWO 'KIDS' ARE BETTER THAN ONE...




You're looking at a screen-grab from a video I made in 1991 of a house I once lived in nearly 20 years before. Helping me that day was my identical twin brother, GEORGE, who, thanks to my mum, dressed exactly the same as me from a young age.  "You're identical twins - so you should dress identical!" she'd say, with less than perfect grammar.  (That's me at the front, incidentally.)

It came in handy whenever we got up to individual mischief as teenagers, because the police could never charge either of us as they simply didn't know which one was the culprit.  Ah, what fun!  I remember once challenging six guys to a fight - then running 'round the corner of the lockups (where George was waiting) when three of them chased me.  Me and my brother then set about them, and they staggered back to their pals, saying "It's an ambush - there's two of them!" 

Of course, the above is all a total figment of my imagination (apart from making a video of my old house), invented purely for the purpose of seeing how much nonsense I can write and hopefully provide a chuckle for you in the process.  Next time, I'll relate how I single-handedly saved the world from the threat of destruction by a megalomaniac bent on global domination - and let my best pal JAMES BOND take all the credit.

Hey!  Where'd everybody go?

******

(Okay, so I lied about the twin.  Would you believe he's my Life Model Decoy?)

7 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

I bet you know Nick Fury don't you? He also has body double decoys. Or at least the orginal did anyway.
LOL.
("j)

Kid said...

Nick Fury? He's my other best pal, Tim. Me, Nick and James go out on the town every Friday. (When we're not saving the world that is.)

B Smith said...

Glad to hear the twin thing is bogus - else people might be talking about the Robson Brothers in the same hushed tones that they speak of the Krays.

Rip Jagger said...

I now hate you twice as much as I did before. (wink)

Great gag!

I've had identical twins in my classes before and it's a major pain, because I can barely tell the regular kids apart.

Rip Off

Kid said...

The Krays? Me and my imaginary twin kicked their @ss all the time whenever they visited Scotland. (Where've you been hiding, B?)

******

Rip, with my increasingly blurry eyesight, it seems to me that everyone has a twin these days.

DeadSpiderEye said...

George is better looking than you, sorry just kidding Kid. Why did you call him George by the way? My twin is pain though, I ignored my Mum's orders on dressing, identically but he keeps stealing the receipts from the bin, so he can buy the same cloths as me.

Kid said...

First name that popped into my head, DSE. Just as well your twin isn't a girl, otherwise dressing identically might have proved a problem for at least one of you.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...