Sunday 2 December 2012

WINTER WONDERLAND THROUGH A WINDOW - ALL THIS, AND GOOD FOOD TOO...


On my way into Glasgow on the train this afternoon, I was struck by the twinkle and sparkle of the hedgerows and trees in the wintry countryside beyond the carriage window.  Arrayed in their finest frosty apparel, there was something enchanted and magical about the scene, and I wouldn't have been in the least bit surprised had I caught sight of a Unicorn peering out from under the shimmering, diamond-bedecked canopy of the woods.  And no, I'm not on drugs.

After visiting a few shops, I took a slow stroll along to Glasgow's WEST END, and in particular, the famous ASHTON LANE.  One of my favourite Italian restaurants relocated a few months back, and I hadn't yet had the chance to sample the culinary delights on offer in the new establishment which now occupies the very same upstairs premises.

I'm happy to report that the food was most satisfying and the service warm and friendly, and I exited a few trivial pounds lighter (and some different kind of pounds heavier) than I went in.  All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable evening and I'm sure to return at the earliest opportunity.  Situated above the VODKA WODKA bar, the name of this delightful ristorante is UNA-STORIA, and I heartily recommend it to discerning diners who haven't yet given it a try.

Small and intimate, it's the ideal place to take your wife or girlfriend for CHRISTMAS.  Unfortunately, my girlfriend couldn't make it (my footpump's broken), so I took the one I love most in all the world - ME!  Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

******

Update, January 2018: Unfortunately, Una-Storia is likewise now gone, replaced by a chicken-themed eaterie called, I think, CHICKEN SHACK (or something like that).  Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...