Sunday, 2 December 2012

WINTER WONDERLAND THROUGH A WINDOW - ALL THIS, AND GOOD FOOD TOO...



On my way into Glasgow on the train this afternoon, I was struck
by the twinkle and sparkle of the hedgerows and trees in the wintry
countryside beyond the carriage window.  Arrayed in their finest frosty
apparel, there was something enchanted and magical about the scene,
and I wouldn't have been in the least bit surprised had I caught sight
of a Unicorn peering out from under the shimmering, diamond-
bedecked canopy of the woods.  And no, I'm not on drugs.

After visiting my local FORBIDDEN PLANET store, I took a
slow stroll along to Glasgow's WEST END, and in particular, the
famous ASHTON LANE.  One of my favourite Italian restaurants
relocated a few months back, and I hadn't yet had the chance to
sample the culinary delights on offer in the new establishment
which now occupies the very same upstairs premises.

I'm happy to report that the food was most satisfying and the
service warm and friendly, and I exited a few trivial pounds lighter
(and some different kind of pounds heavier) than I went in.  All in all,
a thoroughly enjoyable evening and I'm sure to return at the earliest
opportunity.  Situated above the VODKA WODKA bar, the name
of this delightful restorante is UNA-STORIA, and I heartily rec-
ommend it to discerning diners who haven't yet given it a try.

Small and intimate, it's the ideal place to take your wife or girl-
friend for CHRISTMAS.  Unfortunately, my girlfriend couldn't
make it (my footpump's broken), so I took the one I love most in
 all the world - ME!  Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...