Monday 10 December 2012

THE WEDDING THAT NEVER WAS - (OR THREE FOR A TENNER)...



Way back in the dim and distant 1970s, THE SUNDAY POST's
long-running BROONS strip featured a continuing storyline built around
MAGGIE's engagement and upcoming wedding to DAVE McKAY. It ran
from 1977 into '79 - and was then suddenly dropped, with no reference made
to it ever again. Until now, that is. Four brand-new strips have been commis-
sioned for this hardbound 2013 oversized Annual to wrap up the plot-threads
left dangling from this hastily abandoned storyline and give it a satisfactory
conclusion once and for all. See for yourself what happened next. Art by
TOM LAVERY (with a couple of OOR WULLIE strips by the
legendary DUDLEY D. WATKINS.)


The BROONS AND OOR WULLIE book, plus the other two featured
here, come to nearly £34 at cover price, but I got all three for a tenner.
You could, too, if you're quick enough, as WH SMITH's have a 3 for £10
offer on all annuals at the moment. So don't delay - get down to your
nearest Smith's as soon as possible while they've still got some left.

2 comments:

TwoHeadedBoy said...

I haven't seen that Panto Time book in any shops yet, which is a bit worrying, as it's the only thing I've told my dad about when he asked me if I wanted anything for Xmas...

Kid said...

I think it sold out relatively quickly, THB. (Especially once it had been reduced.) I got the last one in my local WH Smith's.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...