Tuesday 11 January 2011

HE'S SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR - IF YOUR AVERAGE BEAR IS WINNIE THE POOH (A BEAR OF VERY LITTLE BRAIN)...


I haven't yet seen the new YOGI BEAR movie, but the trailer looks like a lot of fun, so I'll be buying my ticket the moment it's released in Britain. It won't be the first time the redoubtable bruin has appeared in cinemas though - he made his silver screen debut back in the mid-1960s in HEY THERE, IT'S YOGI BEAR, with no less a luminary than JAMES DARREN (from The TIME TUNNEL, T. J. HOOKER) as Yogi's singing voice.  Also, back in the (early) '60s, the WADE company produced this great little porcelain figure of BOO BOO's pal, along with HUCKLEBERRY HOUND and Mr. JINKS (without the meeces).


It's not often you see this item with its original box, so I hope you appreciate all the effort I go to in order to bring you a glimpse of these cataclysmic classic creations - carefully culled from my own personal collection.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...